Friday, January 2, 2009

The jurisdiction above...

"The bounties of God are not bound by our limitations"

I got this quotation when I was attending a talk. I think it is brilliant.

To me, it attests to the awesome power of the Almighty and emphasizes that we mere mortals are on a whole different plane altogether. And I think sometimes if not most, we forget that.

It explains how humans can have inspirational stories and superhuman endeavours. It is sort of like our little peek to this jurisdiction above us.

I'd like to share with you a personal account on one of my tests and there is not much climax to it but bear with me here alright?

My STPM examination was the exam which would determine a big chunk of my life, my further studies. But not the main course of my life, let that be said. So you would figure that I would study extremely hard day and night and drop off all other commitments in order that I may ace this exam.

But I did the opposite.

Instead I became more and more involved in the service opportunities which were coming at me. Such opportunities would be to coordinate human resources in a social development programe in a largely formidable area..all big words..my point is, it was not community service such as 'gotong-royong' but these were serious responsibilities which required serious attention. And to top that off, I joined a group study with a bunch of friends and though some of my smarter friends told me not to because they viewed this bunch as a little less intelligent. I'm sorry but friendship bonds are not formed on academic studies as a base.

Sounds like a recipe for my disastrous future eh?

So let's just skip all the drama and jump to the end. I did considerably average for my exams but at this very moment I am in one of the creme faculties in the longest standing university in my country. And I now have even more chances to serve as a catalyst to development in a community. And last but most certainly not least, I have found the girl of my life whom I know has done so much good in my life that I now know I am a better person because God had granted me her.

It's a true story alright. Not such a bad ending eh?

My dear friends, I credit all of this to the Jurisdiction Above, lest ye underestimate it.

Good day!

2 comments:

Josef said...

thanks for hangin with the less intelligent us :)

peka-lynna said...

I agree...we tend to underestimate our capability, sometimes even creating barriers for ourselves. Sometimes we just need to leap and have faith in the Confirmation Above.