Saturday, February 7, 2009

Its a mystery alright...

I am happy.

I have not much idea on how or why though. But I am tying my best to understand it.

All my life, I've been the type to know what is the right thing to do (guided by God of course) and I always chose that path of doing what is right though it be more difficult.

It would seem that by doing so, one would go through many challenges but at the end of the day would be able to sleep at night in peace and serenity.

But I did not get that for the many early years of my life.

Day in day out it was tests and challenges, sort of like testing my Faith. I often ask myself, if these acts of service I do (spreading the Word of love and joy, assisting youths to be spiritually empowered etc..) will bring joy to my heart, why is it that the tests always seem so much bigger than the joy of doing it?

I could not answer this question for years. But I did not do what was right for the reward but I did it because...there's nothing worse than not listening to your heart..and the heart always speaks what is right.

But as of late..I am starting to feel that joy...that simple heartfelt warmness when I am serving. To see the smile on young ones as they look to you with so much hope and almost no defilement of this modern world. Something within just melts.

I am also currently serving closely together with a number of young individuals who are on the same page as I am. It's great!

Nothing beats doing what you think is right...than doing it with others who also think so.

It's a mystery I tell you. This act of doing what is right.

I prescribe it to everyone. It is the greatest experience of soulful joy one can ever have.

I dare you to experience it.

ps. leave me a comment if you want to know my ongoing commitments to service

2 comments:

jessica said...

good to know that u're happy..^^jess here

Unknown said...

I read through and have experienced the same, at the end of the day, serving is a inner joy which will be reflected and the peace one experiences is indiscribable...lets cheerish it